On Fri, 3 May 2002 23:31:39 +0200
"Florian Lindner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
> will it be possible to choose ReiserFS as the filesystem type while
> performing the graphical installation in Redhat 7.2/8.0 ?

What I would like to know is why some people are fetichistic about
ReiserFS.  While since some people have ReiserFS partitions
I understand the need for supposrting ReiserFS in
upgrades a thing RedHat 7.2 and I think 7.1 provided, I fail to see
why anyone would want to set a NEW ReiserFS partition.   Contrarily
to ext3 it does not keep data coherency, its partitions cannot be
read by older kernels and it does not allow upgrade in place.
Contrarily to XFS it does not support ACLs and it suffers of
performance hiccups who make it unusable for streaming.  It also
looks like it is slower than XFS and I have noticed in some cases
it is quite slow
at recovering from crashes while XFS is ever blindingly fast.
Contrarily to JFS it cannot be resised on the fly.

So what is so special about ReiserFS?

                JFM