Sometimes, the offending party shows
themselves to be unworthy of the effort, like this guy. And for all the
hostile flem he flung, he did have one point that was right on target: If
you don't feel like helping him, just don't reply. That's my plan. If my
eyeballs are so unfortunate as to see another post from this -ahem-
individual, and if my poor unfortunate brain cells are so unlucky as to
remember him, my course of action will be .... <delete>. Remember, stuff
like this is worthy of neither our time nor our aggravation.

No. Educating people to do their homework before asking on a devel list
*is* worth our time and aggravation. You certainly don't want twenty
such questions a day here.
	Mirek

Educating them is worth the effort. But -- if you want to educate someone successfully, being "nice" seems to be essential. Though you might feel like saying what you think, i.e. read the manuals, it is to anticipate that some people might not take that well, come back at you, and send even more meaningless posts. What's the point? Why not nicely say something like: "I don't think this is the right list for such questions, why not try blah" or something the like, in this way, you at least get them off the list! If you don't want to do that, I believe it is really better to not say anything in the first place and simply press <delete>.

Cheers,
Bernd

--
Disclaimer: http://apac.redhat.com/disclaimer