I don't _think_ I've changed anything relevant. . .

Applix used to work on my system, but I haven't used it in a while.
Just now when I tried to fire it up, I got:

[michael@fred michael]$ applix
bind: Address already in use
bind: Address already in use
connect: /usr/local/lib/applix/axdata/axnet: Address already in use
[michael@fred michael]$

Huh??  What does applix have to do with bind?  And what sort of address
is it talking about?  An IP address?  Why would it care?

I don't even know where to start looking.