Hi,
My HDD has just crashed. Now i try to restore my files from a backup made on
a DAT using the "dump 0sf 61000 /dev/st0 / " command. I use restore in
interractive mode, i can read what's on the DAT, cd and ls on it but i can't
extract the files. I'm hanged when i try restore> extract passwd for example
it says Specify next volume #: and i can't find what to do there. What
should i do. Here is what i'd like to do : i've reinstalled a RH5 on a new
HDD, and i'd just liked to restore some files from the DAT such as passwd...
Can someone tell me which files are absolutly nessecary to restore (passwd,
group, sendmail.cf ... ?)

Moreover i have to reconfigure my network config, and right now i have
problems. Maybe the fact that i have changed my 3COM 3c509 for a 3c905 is
one of the reasons why it doesn't work.
In fact it works for about 1 hour and then i can't reach anyone or be
reached after this. I can still ping my machine.
Can anybody tell me what it can be. And can anyone tell me which files i
have to check to configure my network : i know i need to check resolve.conf
but don't remember the others.

I really need help.
Thanks for your time.
    JY