I just got off the phone with the H-P/Colorado Memory System support
folks. They tell me that the T-3000 Travan drive is not supported under
UNIX (including linux), so they can't give me a device name!

  Wonder why folks like H-P want to hide the fact that their hardware runs
with linux?

  Anyway, from testing with ftape, I know that the command, 'ftmt -f
/dev/zqft0 status' works. So, I'll experiment with BRU.

  However, where can I read and learn what 'char-major-27 zft-compressor'
means? I'm assuming that the name /dev/zqft0 refers to using compression
on a floppy tape, and it's the only/first device of that species. Is this
correct?

TIA,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.
2404 SW 22nd Street
Troutdale, OR 97060-1247  USA
Voice: + 503-667-4517  Fax: + 503-667-8863