Hi John,

>I have access to a computer with a Trantor T160 SCSI Host Adapter
in it.
>When I try and install RedHat 5.0, it can't find the adapter
(though it can
>find the CD-ROM hooked up to it when I tell it there is a SCSI
CD-ROM).

I know this one!  I've come across this before with scsi cards.
Linux doesn't know about the card unless the drive is recognised
by the bios. So unless you can set the card parameters by switch
settings, or at boot time, make sure the drive is scsi 0. This
might fix it.  The clue is that when the PC boots up, it should
say something like 'found drive ....C: or D: etc.

Let me know how you get on.
Kind regards,
Tony Wells
Phenomenal Books
"I have made this letter longer than usual because I lack the
time to make it shorter" - Blaise Pascal.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
bookstuff: www.phenomenal-books.com
anyotherstuff: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Intnl tel/fax: +44 1524 845559