On Sun, 17 May 1998, L. M. Marchese wrote:

> Is qmail as easy to setup as sendmail?  is it as simple as adding
> entries to files in /etc/mail? Just curious if there is a document which
> compares the two.

I found qmail easier to set up. And it is as easy as adding entries to
/etc/qmail/ or /var/qmail, depending on how you have it set up. There is
some info on comparing qmail and sendmail at http://www.qmail.org

> Also are the ip_allow, name_allow, and relay_allow features in RedHat's
> Linux 5.0 sendmail or are they standard?

If you get Bruce Guenter's srpm, he included lots of patches and I believe
he included the relaying patch.