On Mon, 18 May 1998 17:47:17 -0400, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Has anyone out there found an RPM for bind 4.9.7?  We have had some attacks
> on bind 4.9.6-7 (latest RPM from RedHat) and I am told that 4.9.7
> supposedly fixes the problem.  I have contacted RedHat, but have gotten no
> response (GRRR...).
> This is apparently a CERT reported vulnerability, and I would expect RedHat
> to have taken some action and built an updated RPM to solve this serious
> security problem that allows root access to any machine running named.  I
> have tried compiling from source, but without any luck.  Any help would be
> greatly appreciated.

Before the CERT announcement was posted we posted the updates. These are
labeled as 4.9.6-7 (4.9.7 wasn't yet release but the security fix was).

Make sure the verion you are running os from the updates directory on our ftp
site.

I am also not sure what you mean by, "attacks on ...", does this mean that
someone was successful or only that people have tried to attack?

--

                Bryan C. Andregg * <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> * Red Hat Software

"So hang the brand-name ego at the door and think about what I'm saying" -
        Peter Da Silva