>> Also I cannot get SMB to work.  I edited my /etc/smb.conf and tried to
>> run the script but the processes die immediately (even though the
>> computer says smbd and nmbd are running).  I can't even set the process
>> to run at runtime.  What runlevel is it supposed to be at anyways?

dw> It should be running at runlevel 3.  Hmm.. Make sure you have a symlink from
dw> /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S99smb to /etc/rc.d/init.d/smb.  Something like this:

dw> # cd /etc/rc.d/rc3.d
dw> # ln -s ../init.d/smb S99smb

dw> That should do it.  Then you can use "/etc/rc.d/init.d/smb restart" if you like.

This is true assuming he is not running 'XDM' at runlevel 5 in which
case the link should be in /etc/rc.d/rc3.d.

--
Curtis Consulting
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]