On Mon, 25 May 1998, Maxwell Smart wrote:

> On 25-May-98 Goran Brostrom wrote:
>
> > I have installed RedHat 5.0 on a Pentium II, and on two other machines
> > I have RedHat 4.2 (i86 and Sparc). My problem occurs only in Version 5.0:
> >
> > In emacs (X11), the cursor hides completely the character it is
> > positioned
> > at. It is quite irritating, and I don't know what to do. Since I have
> > exactly the same environment on the three machines (.Xdefaults, .emacs,
> > etc.), and everything is fine on the 4.2 Versions, I am sort of stuck.
> > Note that this only affects emacs; xterms are ok.
>
> In the file $HOME/.Xdefaults, change the color listing of:
>
>         emacs*cursorColor
>
> to either a lighter or darker color listing. Anything listed in the file
>
>         /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb.txt
>
> is possible for any of the other colors listed in the .Xdefaults file.

I have tried almost all possible combinations of colors, but nothing
helps. Maybe this is a question for an emacs-list?

Goran
Goran Brostrom
Department of Statistics              tel: +46 90 786-5223
Umea University                       fax: +46 90 786-6614
S-90187 Umea, Sweden               e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]