Since upgrading to XF86 3.3.2 my window manager was changed. I used the
default fvwm2 from RH5.0 but now it only comes up in twm. How can I go
back to the fvwm2 just as it was setup in RH5.0 without breaking the
xfree86 3.3.2 upgrade? I tried to reinstall the fvwm and fvwm2 rpms but
when trying to rpm -Uvh it told me that the packages were already
installed and when trying to rpm -e it told me that the packages were not
installed. A rpm -V lists many missing files.

Do I have to update the rpm database somehow? In upgrading the xfree86, I
removed the old /usr/X11R6 directory and I think that is where the fvwm
files were.

--
Ron Golan