Hi I am getting the followiing errors on a system that has been running
without any problems for a couple of months.

When booting I sometimes get

error 0x01 or error 0x02  and the systems hangs during boot up .  If the
system comes up without errors I get the followiing while the system is
at the login prompt.

hda: drive not ready for command
hda: status error: status 0x80
ide0: reset success.

does anyone know what this problem indicates. My system is a AMD pentium
mother board,, I have a 4gig western digitial harddrive, and I am
running redhat 4.1.

fdisk info is

disk /dev/hda: 255 heads, 63 sectors, 523 cylinders. the boot sector
info is

/dev/hda1    1    1    20    168618    83     Linux native.

does anyone have any ideas.  Thank you

Jimbo.