        From:   Arisandy [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:   Wednesday, May 27, 1998 9:38 PM
        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject:        Re: linux as a RAS server

        >Hi all:
        >
        >Does somebody knows how to setup linux to provide RAS dial-up
access just
        >like Windows NT?
        >
        >Right know AutoPPP doesn't work for me and I have to setup an IP
address on
        >the Windows 95 dial-up networking properties.

        I just did it :)
        I use Mgetty, Mgetty+sendfax , PPPd and RH 5.0
        I use one modem in com0 <--- ttyS0

        /etc/inittab
        .
        S0:345:respawn:/sbin/mgetty ttyS0

        /etc/mgetty+sendfax/login.config :
        .
        /Autoppp -    -    /usr/sbin/pppd -detach

        /etc/ppp/options
        modem
        crtscts
        lock
        proxyarp
        ms-dns z.z.z.z

        /etc/ppp/options.ttyS0
        x.x.x.x:y.y.y.y

        where x.x.x.x is your linux ip address
        y.y.y.y your remote computer which is dial-in
        z.z.z.z your dns address
        so the remote computer doesn'y have to set ip again...
        you can also add pap or chap authentication
        read the manual off pppd