Paul Fontenot wrote:

> I use fetchmail, CRON, and IMAPD to do the same thing you're talking about.
> For specifics just ask.

Ok.....specifics please. And on a side note. The documentation Ive been reading
from LDP and on the Red Hat CD I have (how-to's and such) tend to be very
detailed and very technical. My point being this if Fetchmail, Cron and IMAP
are what Ive described as method to the desired goal couldnt someone ( I plan
to...soon as I get it figured out) submit a step by step mini-how to. I love
reading and learning about Linux but I must admit since our community has so
much documentation available, one could tend to encroach upon "Option Anxiety"

NOT COMPLAINING mind you, just I would like to see in the future more of an
emphasis on the mini-how to's and refrence the longer more educational indepth
How-to's.

Seems to me better way to learn how something works is to start with a positive
result (meaning a working task) then go back to the indepth stuff to learn what
ya actually accomplished and why.

Anyway Paul I am intrested on how your doing this if you would like you can
continue this on the list or privatly with me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] And when Im
finished and have it working I'll write up a mini-how to on the subject for
others and submit it to the LDP.

Thanks.
Scott Kindley