Hello,
        I reloaded Linux onto my computer to make sure the all the networking
protocols are in place.  And have really begun to hack the OS (I figure I
should learn the OS more, before connecting to the rest of the world.) But,
I don't think that ppp and TCP/IP are installed in the kernel.  So I've been
trying to rebuild the kernel to make sure I know exactly what's loaded. But,
I get a strange message when I try to run "make config", I get "make:*** No
rule to make target 'config'. Stop."  What does that mean?  Am I missing
something?  I'm in the right directory.  Any ideas?

David

Rest in natural great peace
This exhausted mind
Beaten helpless by karma and neurotic thought,
Like the relentless fury of the pounding waves
In the infinite ocean of samsara.
                                --Nyoshul Khenpo