"Shawn McMahon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well, the main difference is the fact that the USR Courier V.Everything is a
> Class 1 and Class 2.0 modem, not Class 2.
>
> This doesn't bode well for using it with a V.Everything...

Class 2 was never released as a standard.  It was only a draft, and never
approved.  The standards are Class 1 and Class 2.0.  Any fax software that
only supports Class 2 is pretty lame.  Just get mgetty+sendfax, efax, or
Hylafax instead.

The fax standards are published by the EIA/TIA, not the ITU, so the
V.everything designation isn't technically relevant.  As far as that goes, I
personally just want to know why the relatively expensive Courier V.Everything
modems don't have IS-101 voice support, but the cheap Sportster Voice does.

3Com is now referring to the Courier as a "Corporate Modem".  I sure hope
they don't find out that I'm using it for my sole propietorship and take
it away :-)

Cheers,
Eric