I went to EST's web site and found the following in their online doc:

>[E134] internal error errcode - failed self consistency and portability >checks
>     This indicates that the BRU executable file has been damaged or >the BRU version
>is not the correct one for your system.

I removed and reinstalled the BRU rpm and got the same result.  What's
up?  TIA.

Mike

I finally got my system configured the way I want it, and went to back
it up with BRU.  I get the following error in bruexeclog when I try to
back up:

        <lists the fs/dirs it wants to back up, then>

        980601 19:18:49|471|root|[E134] internal error 100 -
        failed self consistency and portability checks

I have an older BRU manual (14.2 or something) and error 100 isn't in
there.  Does anyone know the cause of this?  I did check the errata on
the Red Hat web site, but no joy.  I'm trying to back up with:

        Ditto Easy 800 floppy tape drive
        ftape 3.04d

mt and modprobe recognize the drive just fine.  I get the same error
whether I try running BRU from the command line and pass arguments
there, try to run fullbru, or try to run incbru.  Ideas/solutions very
much appreciated.  I've used BRU on SCO and older Linux systems with no
problems, so it's not like I'm a total novice, but that message is just
too cryptic for me to grok.  TIA.

Mike