On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, Erik Troan wrote:

> Definitely! Thanks for putting this up, and for all of your work in finding
> these problems. I just send a note to the redhat-announce list with the
> first batch of fixes, and I'm off to work on more fixes now.

Hi,

I've got a lot of mail on the subject of security fixing and auditing.

Are there any other people out there interested in a concerted linux
source security auditing process?

If there is sufficient interest, I would envisage myself setting up a web
page to indicate which packages could do with auditing, and also a mailing
list for unmoderated discussion of auditing. The mailing list would be
only for discussion of potential problems and auditing; definite problems
discovered would still go to the usual forums of bugtraq and
linux-security.

So, anyone interested should drop me a note. Likewise anyone with thoughts
on whether this is a good or bad idea should drop me a line.

Cheers
Chris