hello,

My problem can help you.
My Samba server is configured to have a different configuration on
the name a client call it.
---
/etc/smb.conf :
netbios name = FOO
netbios aliases = SAMBA1 SAMBA2 SAMBA3 SAMBA4
security = server
encrypt passwords = no
include = /etc/samba/server.%L
---
/etc/samba/server.SAMBA1 :
password server = NTSERVER1
---
/etc/samba/server.SAMBA2 :
password server = NTSERVER2
---

So  when a client make "net use M: \\SAMBA1\homes"
the authetification is made by NTSERVER1
and when a client make "net use M: \\SAMBA2\homes"
the authetification is made by NTSERVER2

This works with W95 clients, and NT4AS-sp3 clients
but not with NT4Workstation-sp3.
when a NT4Workstation make "net use M: \\SAMBA2\homes"
the %L value is set to "FOO" but not to "SAMBA2" !!!

PS : I have updated the registry to work with PlainTextPasswords.

Anyone has solution ?

*  Wilfrid Gaboriaud
*  Service Informatique
*  Institut Universitaire de Technologie
*  La Rochelle
*  France
*  e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
*  <http://www-iut.univ-lr.fr/
*  Mime Mail are Welcome
***************************************/

---

*  Wilfrid Gaboriaud
*  Service Informatique
*  Institut Universitaire de Technologie
*  La Rochelle
*  15 rue de Vaux de Foletier
*  17026 La Rochelle cedex
*  France