On Sun, 7 Jun 1998, David Pellegrino wrote:

> Hello,
>       I just compiled kernel 2.0.34 and it's great.  But, I tried to run Minicom
> and i got the error /dev/modem file or directory not found.  My question is:
> Does modem support need to be compiled into the kernel?  I don't remember
> seeing a modem question in the make config.  Or can it be added as a module?
> Thanks.
>
> David

Well, try a minicom -s for setup...therse a section in there for where
your modem is...so you could change it to cuaX where x is a number...quick
fix though would be

ln -s /dev/cua0 /dev/modem

assuming your modem is on com port 1, if its on 2, its cua1, on 3 its
cua2...and so on for 4.

It has nothing to do with the kernel setup as far as i know

Hope that helps