Niclas Domack wrote:

> I wonder if there's anyone out there who has any experiences running the
> HP Colorado 5GB IDE-backup drive with RH Linux. Are there any problems,
> is it stable?
>
> Regards,
>
> Niclas

First, please append a signature that shows your personal return E-mail
address.  This has been discussed pretty often in the list recently, and
I would just have mailed to you, rather than the whole list, if I could have
done so.

The short answer is that up through RH 5.0, you can't run the Colorado 5Gb
out of the box, but there is a patch to do so.  It can't handle EOT
conditions--so don't run the tape to the end!--and it's only actually 2.5Gb,
since the compression to make it to 5Gb is in software only.

I don't know if the patch made it into the RH 5.1 tape driver.

Cheers,
--
        Dave Ihnat
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]       || [EMAIL PROTECTED]