If you are invoking KDE via XDM, add or create an executeable shell file
calles ".xsession". Add the line "startkde" to it.

If you are invoking KDE via the command line in character mode with
"startx", do the same thing with the file called ".xinitrc".

(These files are in the individual user's home directory.

Hope this helps.

/r