Hi all,

I need to configure an ATI 3D Charger graphics card (ATI 3D Rage II+
chipset). I got as far as getting four identical squished screens into
one after I added the line VideoRam 4096 to the device section of the
XFConfig file. I later read somewhere that the accelarated Mach64 servers
have a 1024K limitation. Is this true?

I tried using the Mach64 driver from SUSE, which gave me a single screen but
with a color depth of only 8 bits :-(. Commenting out the 8 bit subsection
resulted in an error message: "8-bit default subsection not found".

Could somebody please help me get this beast configured correctly? The
chipset is supposed to be supported by XFree according to the supported
hardware list for RH4.2. I have XFree 3.3.2 installed on a Redhat 4.2
system.

TIA

Harold