Hi,

I need to NFS mount my linux filsystem on a sun 4.13 and it does not work,
although I have no problem to NFS mount all the sun 4.13 partitions on
my linux box. Here is what I did:

-I edited the /etc/exports file on linux:
        /       sun-machine-name-here
 and tried with and without the (no_root_squash) option

-I changed the sun /etc/imports file (note that on the sun machine,
        unix-sgi and nextstep filesystems are currently mounted, so there
        is no known problem with NFS mounts on the sun)

-I started the portmap deamon

-I re-exported file systemes with:
        killall -HUP /usr/sbin/rpc.mountd  /usr/sbin/rpc.nfsd
 and checked that portmap, mountd and nfsd were active.

-I tried to mount the linux filesystem from the sun -it just hangs forever,
 not even a message.

Has anybody any idea of how to get the NFS mount to work?

Thanks a lot,

Monica

Monica Paolini                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Allg. Zoologie und Neurobiologie             http://phaistos.ucsd.edu/~paolini
ND7/31                       http://homepage.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/Monica.Paolini
Ruhr Universitaet Bochum                             1-49-234-700-7008 (voice)
44780 Bochum GERMANY                                   1-49-234-709-4278 (fax)