> Uhhh - I know this is off topic, but now I'm really, *really* intrigued
> -- do the Iiyama screens use Trinitron tubes (this would explain the
> very sharp, flat display and the two faint horizontal lines on every
> Trinitron screen)?!?!  I know they make their screens accept very high
> refresh rates (boy am I used to it with Macintosh and Sun monitors) but
> I *need* a Trinitron screen... if I could get both, man, now *there's* a
> great deal!

trinitron(tm) is the sony aperture grill tube. the iiyama uses the
mitsubishi diamondtron(tm) aperture grill tube. same basic
architecture, though. the mitsubishi and iiyama aperture grill
monitors i've seen tend to do a better job than the comparable sony
monitors and the iiyamas are a lot cheaper. if you want a
trinitron-like tube and high refresh (>80Hz) at 1280x1024, the
visionmaster pro is for you.

to get this back on topic, i don't know if the Xconfigurator in RH 5.0
or 5.1 will set you up with 1280x1024 at quite that high of a
refresh. here's the modeline i use:

ModeLine "1280x1024" 150  1280 1320 1480 1728  1024 1029 1036 1077 +hsync +vsync

tim

--
  Time is like fingers        A    |  Tim Pickering ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Gesturing for me to stop -- Quake  |  UA Steward Observatory