jrk> I was wondering. Are S3 ViRGE /4mb or 2mb supported?

Yes

jrk>How about the newer Mitsumi CD-ROM's /like 16x or 24x ?

Can't say for sure but my guess would be yes, have you checked
the redhat supported-hardware ?

jrk>Are there any problems with soundblaster AWE/64 sound cards ?

This will work, however for $20 the commercial version is a best buy
since it allows several years of upgrades and installs very easily.

--
Curtis Consulting
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]