Hello all,
        I've been trying to get ppp up and running on my Linux box, to no avail.  I
have read almost everything I can get my hands on trying to get ppp working,
HOWTOs, the pppd manual, etc.  I've configured my options, pap-secrets, etc.
I dial in to my ISP using minicom, log in and it starts ppp at the server
end.  I exit out of minicom without resetting the modem and give the command
"pppd -d /dev/cua1 115200 &" (which is straight out of the PPP-HOWTO, with
my modem settings) and then I hear my modem hang up.  It does that
everytime.  I've gone back and checked my settings in the various files and
make sure their right and they seem to be.  I just DON'T get it.  I can't
believe something so fundamental to using a computer, would be so difficult
to implement.  I must be missing something simple.  If anyone can give me a
hand, is willing to take a look at my configuration files, anything, please
let me know.

TIA,
David