"Jack Hatfield" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Xfree86-SVGA cannot be installed.
>
> Looks like: /usr/X11r6/lib/X11/xkb/something conflicts with file from
> metroess-3.1.5-1
>
> I think I need something else. I am sorry for this, I am a newbie, thrown
> into these waters after someone left me.
>
> Now I got to learn it all, quickly.
>
> Anyway, it took me two hours to figure out how to even get it on that
> machine.
>
> After that you see the results.

I had this problem over a year ago. You should get the updated version
of metro-x from the updates/metro-x directory. I think 3.1.8 is the
last version available for RH 4.2.

You will have to use the rhmask program to produce an RPM. Or you can
get metro-x 4.x from an Infomagic CD-ROM.

If you'd rather install the latest version of XFree86 then you should
get the latest XFree86 RPMS for your distribution. Also make sure you
get the XFree86-XF86Setup package and the XFree86-VGA16 package which
it needs.

Then use "rpm -qa | grep metro" to list all the metro-x
packages. Remove them. Install the XFree86 distribution and then run
XF86Setup to setup your server.

--
Eze Ogwuma