> Copied my web page from my ISP to my local
> network server ( RH 5.0 with
> current errata updates ) the frame page loads
> fine, however the interal
> pages show up as raw text, and not as rendered
> web pages.  It works fine
> if there is just a single frame.

The http header for each page should contain a line telling
the browser that the page is Content-type: text/html.  Your
server will attach this header to static pages based on
extension (e.g. .html or .htm) and/or directory location.
This should be the DefaultType, unless you've got very good
reasons otherwise. CGI-generated pages should have this type
attached as well, unless they are NPH scripts, in which case
you will have to supply this information yourself. Not much
detail to work on here, but look at your apache
configuration files (httpd.conf, access.conf, and especially
srm.conf) with the names and locations of your pages/scripts
in mind, to see what content-types are being assigned on
what conditions.

It's hard to tell with the limited information, but it looks
like the server may be sending the pages without the
Content-type header. Without it, browsers make a guess at
the type, usually going for either HTML or plain-text. This
might explain why the pages appear differently in a frame
compared to in their own window. The solution remains to
check the configuration files to ensure that the
Content-type headers are being applied correctly.

Do all browsers show this same effect, or do you only use
the one?

Cheers,

Bruno Prior         [EMAIL PROTECTED]