On Tue, 30 Jun 1998, Igor N. Green wrote:
>Hello people.
>Hos can I defrag my Linux native partition. defrag 7.0 says that it can't
>defrag mounted one.
>any info is appreciated.

Defragging a mounted partition won't work - it could conceivably trash
your data.

You'll have to unmount the partition you want to defrag prior to
defragging it. If you are unlucky enough to have installed linux on one
whole partition, you'll probably have to boot up from a floppy boot and
have a floppy that happens to have defrag on it.