In advance thanks for any help !!

        When I try to apply some rpm's I get the following message from the
control-panel, "Data type 9 not supprted". I ftp all the rpm's from
/pub/redhat/redhat-4.2/updates/i386 into a directory say rpm/, then from the
control-panal click on available. It is at this point that I get the "Data type
9 not supprted" error. If I move all the files (rpms) out of the rpm/ directory
and then one by one copy them back all along trying the available option on the
control-panel it works fine until I get about three rpms, wu-ftpd, and a couple
of others. These seem to be the culprits, so I delete them then continue until
all show available then I just install the rest of the rpms.

        Any ideas on what's happening ?? I have tried some mirror sights
thinking  I encountered a batch of corrupt files, but I still get the errors .

Bob

Bob Gants
Systems Administrator                   Voice: (703) 284-5950
Marymount University
2807 N. Glebe Rd.                       Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Arlington, Va. 22207-4229