On Sat, 21 Mar 1998, Jun Arlante wrote:
>Anyone know on how to backup a single file from  a backup, were running an
>ISP, and some of our user info had been deleted. We had our backup  last
>week and we want to restore a single file from it ( fuserinfo  file )..

(a) Whomever is in charge of your systems isn't terribly competent if
they set-up a backup procedure without having a restore procedure.

(b) The procedure to restore a file depends on how the archive was
created.  Do you use tar, cpio, dump, or some other archive tool?
Do you archive to disk, tape, or through a pipe?  What form of software
compression, if any, do you use?

(c) The man page of whatever backup tool you use is a good place to find
help restoring files from the archive.

--
    Steve Coile