Did you add them thru the gui or adduser?

You might want to issue the command:

passwd username

at the command-line and change the password there for
one of your new users. Then try to log in as them.

Just a thought,
Rick

--
Rick L. Mantooth        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.why.net/users/rickdman/index.html