On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, John Exidaridis wrote:
> Yes I am using Loadlin to boot linux from DOS. I think that loadlin
> requires the name of the imagefile to be vmlinuz ( not linuz ) or
> zImage. Simply rename it and try .
> Jason Wilson wrote:
> > If anyone has any experience using loadlin I am having some problem using
> > it.  I created a dos 6.22 boot disk with loadlin and my zImage on it.  I
> > typed "loadlin linuz root=/dev/hda2" where linuz was my zImage.  It did not
> > like this at all.  Any help would be appreciated.

Well, I have been using loadlin since I started with linux and it has
worked fine for me except whenever the kernel was not appropiately
compiled. I use lilo on my notebook only.

I use different names for the different compiled kernels I use and it
does not makes different to loadlin.

I use MS-DOS bat files to boot my different linux:
For example following is my bat file to boot my Red Hat 4.2 linux.
---------------[RH42.BAT]------------------------------------
c:
cd \
cd linux
loadlin rh422032.001 mem=128M root=/dev/hda10 ro

I have loadlin and all my kernel images in my c:\linux\ directory.

I see that the "ro" option at the end of loadlind is missing in
your command line; I do not know but maybe it can affect it.

If it does not work I will suggest to compile a new kernel with the
appropiate options.

I hope this can help you.

Best regards,

Javi,          _____            [EMAIL PROTECTED]