> That's why Linux as a product OS is not mature. A simple
> question can get many different valid answers.

Honestly, I suspect you may be taking this a bit far.  Firstly, a wise man
once said:  "Our strength is in our diversity".

In other words, one of our great strengths is that there are multiple ways
of doing things.  Now, this doesn't discount the need for consistency, as
we are also hoping to achieve.

If you have any interest, keep track of those inconsistencies, and
contribute to making it better.

For example, I overheard a few Windows users stating they paid $39.95 for
a program that supposedly makes an image of your hard disk, and can be
used to backup, duplicate, or copy, one disk to another.

Ironically, Unix has _always_ had such a program, called disk-dump.  If
there was sufficient documentation, a nice interface, and some
advertising, it could be something useful...

Ok, really preachy-sounding here..  Anyway, I thought this was one
perspective that was missing from our conversation.

Additionally, what are the "Top Eight New Features Of Windows 98"?

o Properties Dialouge Box now includes Boardwalk and Pennsylvania Avenue
o Catchy "Resistance is futile;you will be assimilated" splash screen
o Point and Click Interface replaced by innovative hunt-and-peck interface
o Free Tickle-Me-Bill-Gates doll with every purchase
o General Protection Fault has been demoted to Seargent
o Start-up WAV replaced with the "cha-ching" sound of a cash register
o Didn't bother taking the Mac Icon off the Start-Up screen this time
o Bill Gates Wealth-O-Meter spinning furiously on the taskbar