On Thu, 14 May 1998, Alexei Nefediev wrote:

>    I am sorry in advance for this long message, but this is the only way
> to explain what is going on.
>    It seems either me or my computer goes crazy. Indeed, I try to
> perform a very simple operation - to recompile the kernel. I used to do
> it dozens of times and everything was going without problems. But now I
> get the message about some fatal signal 11 for cc1:

If you have a Cyrix CPU, that's most likely the problem - Cyrix chips have
a buggy L1 cache. I believe a workaround is listed the errata page
(http://www.redhat.com/errata)

-- Elliot
When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather...
        ...not yelling and screaming like the people in the back of the
           plane he was flying.