On 17-May-98 GateKeepeR News wrote:
> Ok, I got that to work, but now it doesn't want to read my .xinitrc! I
> had everything working, and don't know what I screwed up.. But now I
> just get the grey screen.. and my .xinitrc is jsut as it should because
> I was using it a few hours ago!

Well, that doesn't mean its necessarily correct :)

Also, there could be any number of reasons this could be happening.

Start with a simple .xinitrc such as:

#!/bin/sh
exec twm

which is just a basic window manager to make sure there isn't something else
wrong.  Then consider reinstalling your existing window manager, using --force
option to rpm, or remove then reinstall your window manager.

Dave