On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Paul Raupach III wrote:
> I know this seems like something that should be in the help files and
> I've looked but I can't find it.  Here is what is happening if anyone
> can help.  if I enter "ls -l /mnt/cdrom" I get back 0 items and there is
> a iso 9660 CD in the drive.
>
> When I try and mount it from the file system manager in x I get the
> error " can't find /dev/hdc in /etc/mtab or /etc/fstab"
>
> it is a 24mx Creative CD ROM drive

I'm not sure what a "24mx Creative CD ROM" is but if its hooked up to the
master channel of your secondary IDE controller, then this should work (as
root of course).

mount -t ixo9660 /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom

David L. Martin        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
R&D Software Engineer  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." -- Walt Disney