Dave Parker wrote:

>wordprocessor voting tally
>--------------------------
>
>1   KLyX/LyX
>1   StarOffice
>0   Applixware         no response from anyone
>0   Corel WordPerfect  no response from anyone
>1   vi + troff
>
>Hmmm... Is there anyone out there using Applixware and WordPerfect?
>How do you like them? Why?

I use Applixware, but not just for the word processor.  I require an
integrated office suite.  I've used WordPerfect for Linux (probably
version 6, though), and StarOffice's WP.  The version of WP I used was
OK, but it wasn't integrated with any other apps, so it got deleted
(hope Corel really comes through).  I've used StarOffice 3.x, and it
ripped my system response.  I have 80M of RAM, IDE hard drive and 75MHz
Pentium, so I'm long in the tooth in terms of performance.  I use
Applixware because I get the multiple, integrated apps I want, and it's
fairly snappy on my system.  It isn't like M$ apps, so there's a
learning curve, but it comes with a decent manual.

Whoops! Sorry.  You only wanted WP comment.  I use Applix Words.  If all
I cared about was WP, I'd use WordPerfect (even the older version I have
experience with).

Mike