I thought I'd resend this because I'm not sure if it was received the first time.

I am running RedHat 5.0 with Tcl/Tk 8.0 and I am trying to install TkDesk.

I originally tried to install the rpm version (statically linked) and I
got the following error message:

failed dependencies:
        libtk4.2.so is needed by TkDesk-1.0b5-2
        libtcl7.6.so is needed by TkDesk-1.0b5-2

I thought the whole premise of the statically linked version was that it
would work without regard to what version of the Tcl/Tk libraries I had
installed...? In essence I thought that even tho' I had v8.0 it should
have worked.  No?  (forcing it didn't work either)

So... then I tried to manually install it using the common libraries and
the ELF binaries (for i386).  All of the directories came up hunky-dory
(in /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/lib).  I then ran mkindex*.  TkDesk
still does not work.  I try to manually run TkDesk, typing "tkdesk" in
/usr/local/bin and got the following message:

invalid command name "wm"
    while executing
"wm withdraw ."
    (file "tkdesk" line 42)

Argh.... Please help!  I just cannot get this to work.

Any help, no matter how short or terse would be appreciated.  ;-)

Regards,
David Taylor.