This is a problem with glint. Running 5.1 with errata applied, however
this has done this from the start on a fresh install. What happens is
when I run glint (from root, havnt tried as normal user yet) when it
gets to scanning for packages it just hangs. It has worked a few times
but 9 times outta ten in hangs.

Here's the error:

# glint
Glint Graphical Package Manager -- version 2.6
Copyright (C) 1998 - Red Hat Software
This may be freely redistributed under the terms of the GNU Public
License
read failed: Is a directory (21)
Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/var/tmp/python-root/usr/lib/python1.5/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line
752, in __call__
    return apply(self.func, args)
  File "./glint.py", line 62, in available
    availablePackageSet = PackagePathSet(currentPackagePath)
  File "./packageset.py", line 157, in __init__
    self.setPath(path)
  File "./packageset.py", line 147, in setPath
    package = AvailablePackage(file)
  File "./package.py", line 242, in __init__
    if (not result):
NameError: result
#

Anyone else have this problem?? What do I do to fix this?

Thanks
Scott Kindley