Ambrose 'Bo' Barry wrote:

> It took just as long on the Ethernet LAN to transfer! (about 3000
> bytes/sec). Only two LAN cards on the LAN, total cable length of 10 feet! I
> was using the FTP Explorer program on the Win95 computer.

 Hey this is odd. I have the same thing. I have a bunch of RH5 boxes and my Win95
machine ftp is very slow indeed.
I'm running a new NcFTPD and wu-ftp on my machines so I'm pretty sure they aren't
to blame.

 My Net cards are 2xDEC Tulip cards and the rest PCI NE2000 clones.

The only thing I can see that looks odd is this message I get from the Tulip
cards.

"eth0: Oversized Ethernet frame spanned multiple buffers, status 0667c858e!"

The message is spouted when ever some traffic starts flowing (like and FTP
download).

Wish I knew what was going on? Thought it was just me ;-)

              Mark Rogers
           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
         Northern Rivers Gateway
           +61 (066) 216999
"Keep writing those hits kid" - RedDwarf