>I have finally worked with the Xconfigurator enough to get my screen in
>1024x768 and now I can hardly read some of the pages that I pull up on
>Netscape, and my xterms can sometimes be difficult to read.  I have
>already tried changing the font within Netscape and there are still some
>pages that that had no effect on.  How do I change the font on these two
>items?

First thing you should do is change your default font path if you haven't
done so already, so your system will try to use scalable fonts instead of
bitmap fonts, which look crummy in large sizes.  Change the fonts section
of your /etc/X11/XF86Config to look something like:

FontPath /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi:unscaled
FontPath /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc:unscaled
FontPath /usr/local/fonts/Type1
FontPath /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1
FontPath /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo
FontPath /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi
FontPath /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc

Regarding that line pointing to /usr/local/fonts/Type1: I recommend you go
out and get some more Type1 fonts. You can get Adobe's "core fonts" for
free from http://www.gimp.org/fonts.html if you don't have them.

As far as xterm, use 'xterm -fn <fontname>' to specify a font. You have to
either use the alias assigned in */fonts/*/fonts.alias, or specify the
whole fontname, no wildcards. (Use xfontsel to browse your fonts.)

Larry Lade - http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/6686
PGP Public Key:
    http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/6686/pubkey.txt
Fight junk e-mail!  See http://www.cauce.org to find out how.