At 10:15 AM 3/12/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Actually I believe Red Hat comes with it's own program to generate passwords
>(it's part of expect) and called mkpasswd.  Give it a try.

Here's a little PERL hack I created to do multiple passwords (of your
choosing):
It's configured to output seven characters, alternating from right hand to
left hand:

#!/usr/bin/perl
print "HOW MANY PASSWORDS WOULD YOU LIKE?  ";
chomp($pass=<>);
for($i = 0; $i < $pass; $i++) { system("mkpasswd -l 7 -2"); }
You must realize that the computer has it in for you.  The irrefutable
proof of this is that the computer always does what you tell it to do.

http://www.public.asu.edu/~johnr