Try mount /dev/fd0 -t file-system /mnt/floppy - where fille-system is msdos or vfat
depending on what you have built into your kernel. Once you've done this you should
have no probs copying from the floppy to whichever linux partition you choose. Hope
this helps.

Steven Hanley wrote:

> If I download files from Windows and put them on a floppy.  How can I use them in
>Linux?  Appologies for this newbie question but I need to access a file on floppy.
>
> Thank You
>
> Steve
>
> --

Gary Gale / G-Tech Ltd / Chiswick / London
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/plaza/gy90/

Project Options: On Time, Zero Defects - select one only