I'm building linux kernel 2.1.106 on my linux box. I'm having
the following question:
Originally I was using linux kernel 2.1.99 and it can't
automatically recognize my serial port /dev/ttyS1(it's a
gateway fax/modem), so I issued the following command
/bin/setserial /dev/ttyS1 irq 3 spd_vhi autoconfig
in my rc.serial file and it worked.
With the new serial.c in 2.1.106, somehow it
refuses the above command and reports I/O
error (looks like it's thinking there is no such serial port
existing on my machine). I believe it's not a bug but is
the result of the update on new serial.c (related to
some kind of flags). Right now I'm using the kernel 2.1.106
but copy the old serial.c (2.1.99) into 2.1.106 source tree.
I don't like such solution since I often update my kernel.

Anyone has any idea? (Guess I have to wait until a new kernel
can recognize my ttyS1 or the future serial.c can provide
some kind of back compatibility on this)

Thanks
xun