Bertil Stenstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Tue, Mar 17, 1998 at 02:59:39PM +0100:
> Hi everybody,
> Just installed bind 8 to replace bind 4.9.6
> I know there's a new format of the boot-file
> (/etc/named.conf instead of /etc/named.boot)

There is a perl script in the distribution that will convert for you.

> But I just can't find a complete reference on how I can configure this
> beast. Can anyone please point me to something that explains the new
> named.conf-file ??

What I did was `man named' and read it, and all the SEE ALSOs, as well
as stuff they refered to.  Takes a while, but much more complete
understanding.

> I've really looked all over but can only find bind 4.9.X doc's.

bind-doc is at the same place you can find the source.  The site I am
familiar with is isc.org .

> (oh, and no, the perl-script to convert my old file is not enough, I want
> to use some of the new features as well)

Oops, hadn't read ahead :)

--
Scott