Hi,

I use the following to ask for a password when linux <whatever> is given
at the LILO: prompt. YES, it is documented in RedHat distributions. Check
'man lilo.conf' or the /usr/doc/lilo-xxxx/doc directory. You would need to
make /etc/lilo.conf readable only by root, otherwise anyone can read the
lilo.conf and know the restricted password. Look out for restricted and
password in the boot image entry in lilo.conf shown below.

=======

boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=100
image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label=linux
        root=/dev/hda2
        read-only
        restricted
        password=<give-it-here>

=======

| Raj Singh               | EMAIL : [EMAIL PROTECTED]      |
| CEERI, Pilani - 333 031 | PHONE : 91-1596-42359 (office)  |
| Rajasthan (INDIA)       | FAX   : 91-1596-42294 (office)  |