> The graphics displayed by Netscape seem to be 16-colour. I have tried to
> start XFree86 with the -bpp 24 command. It did not help.
> Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

What XFree server are you running? What video card? Check what
/usr/X11R6/bin/X is linked to - eg XF86_S3 in my case, or XF86_VGA16 (16
colours). It might be linked to /etc/X11/X, in which case you need to
check where /etc/X11/X is linked to :) XF86_SVGA is a good generic 8bit
(256 colour) server. You may need to install the right one, then set up
the XF86Config file.

> The next question is about screendumps. I would like  to make a copy of
> the active screen and then save it into a graphical file (just like
> Windows95: printscreen, copy and paste in e.g. Paint).
> Do you know a way?

The program xv handles this okay, as well as lots of other things. Just
use the grab button. Click the background for a full screen capture, or
it will capture individual windows if you like. xv will save the file in
lots of formats, and it allows a lot of manipulation.

Not sure if xv comes with a standard RH distribution, but I have a
feeling it does.

tim

  Tim (I don't spell check) Fairchild
  Kuttabul, Queensland, Australia.