I share a 56K modem connection among the three computers in my home. I am
very happy with it. But sometimes one machine will start downloading some
huge files and those interactive sessions like telnet on another machine
will get really slow. I am wondering if there is a way to limit the shares
of bandwidth on one machine dynamically? My mtu of the modem connection is
as small as possible already (256), and I don't want to get the ethernet
mtu down. Currently it is 1500.

I don't know if this is relavant to the problem or not. The other two
machines on my LAN usually run NT 4.0. I hate it, but I guess I will have
to live with it.

Thanks.

manch